User Tag List

Thread: osCommerce

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

osCommerce

Hi i was thinking about useing osCommerce, but know little about it, and i've been to their site, but havent got much about it. I was wondering if someone could give me info about it, how it works and how it maganges the orders.

Thanks

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you try the demo... that way you can go into the backend and see for yourself. Or you could download and install it on your own web server.

It's hard to describe all the features about OSC because it's really a complicated program. It does just about anything you could want in an e-commerce site... and if it doesn't do something chances are someone has writted an addon module for it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OsCommerce is the edge of modern GPL shopping cart. It has a vast number of featurest, large community and tons of mods. Plus there are many OsC experts who can write a mod for you.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI - StoneEdge Order Manager is available for OSCommerce now... we've been using it and couldn't do without it. It helps integrate the online and offline parts of your business and really helps when it comes to customer/order management, inventory management, shipping, etc.

http://www.stoneedge.com

(according to Barney) The Stone Edge Order Manager (http://www.StoneEdge.com/OrderManager.htm) is now available for osCommerce, so you do not have to purchase a shopping cart system to use with it, and if you are already using osCommerce, there is now a great back-end system to help you manage your stores. The Order Manager includes a script that you install in your osCommerce site. The program them communicates with osCommerce via the script. Importing orders, etc. is quick and easy.