SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

customer management and billing? ... syncing on/offline

What customer management software is out there?

What do you use... what do you perceive as its strengths and weaknesses?

I believe I am going to purchase Quickbooks Pro 2004 (whenever that comes out). I have used 2003 Pro before, and it offers many features I don't need (perhaps I will need them later). It really lacks in online support (from my admittedly MINIMAL playing and experience).

Is anyone using Quickbooks Internet Edition? I am really looking into that

What about other online scripts/systems?

Ideally I would like a, customer management and billing system that operates offline while providing access online for viewing/modification that sync offline/online processes (with an automated email billing notification service).

What do you guys use for all of these processes and applications... once again strength/weaknesses?

I apologize if this post is repetitive... I am tired today.

I can't wait till the weekend! LOL

Jonathan

SitePoint Enthusiast EightManagement's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, the Quickbooks product is my favorite from an accounting point of view. It's very user friendly and does provide a great deal of tools, although you may not use them all. I have not had a chance to view the internet addition, so I cannot advise on that product. Are you trying to link online sales to your accounting product? Are you looking for real time or just daily uploads? What are you currently using, if any?
    Joshua
    Owner/Accountant
    Eight Management
    Bookkeeping and Taxation Management

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have developed a custom solution for ourselves that provides a nice customer Management & invoicing solution online, while exporting the data into quickbooks format on command whenever my accountant or Bookkeeper need the information.

It's still being tweaked, always lots of bugs, but overall it is working pretty good.
    Twin Dreams, Inc.
    www.twindreams.com - Professional Website Development
    www.sharky.com - Sharky's Grilling Forums!