SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Safari issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Safari issues

Safari is the new standard browser for OS 11(Panther) for the Mac. The problem I have had just in a few situations is that it doesn't display frames or some CSS styles properly. Anyone else had this issue or any thoughts or rumors about this?
    -----------------
    Tabor Carlton TCID

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've yet to run into a display problem with any of the CSS sites I've used so far, can you elaborate on any of the CSS issues you are having?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One (and the main reason for this post) is that i have a site with framesets (It is still in development or I would give you the URL. Basically - the site is broken into two top most frames - the first one on the left that houses all the content is 768 pixels wide - then the frameset on the right is 'relative' (*) to take up the slack in the browser window. In my main frameset I have another frameset of 3 rows, the bottom row being only 80 pixels tall. It has a bg color - and so on the right hand frameset I have a table spanning 100% height, and a cell at the bottom 80 pixels tall with the bg color to match the small frame in the other set. I have been extremely strict with my coding making sure that my parameters for width, height, alignment, etc are all set and it displays perfectly on internet explorer but in safari the bottom panel does not line up between framesets. This is the most pressing issue seeing how this site is about to go live, knowing that more and more people are going to use safari.

As for CSS, I have formatted the elements of some forms, which are not dislaying through safari but display correctly through IE.

Another issue - on a pop up that I used on one site (not just limited to pop ups - but most obvious) was a white border around the corner of my page.

Could it possibly be that I don't have a full version of Safari (or a beta?) I don't actually use it, but my boss does - and he is sure he has the legit version (as apposed to it being beta)

The thing that frustrates me and makes me think safari has issues is that I am not having any problems at all testing through IE. My boss is a little limited when it comes to the web and doesn't completely understand that there are differences between browsers, so he is like "What the heck are YOU doing wrong?!"