SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help W/ PHP And Javascript

Hey All,
    I am working on a game website. I need some help with working out how to move images in the browser using keyboard keys, and then I need to know how to connect to the server, as in a live connection, im not sure how, but I need to be able to send variables back and forth without the browser refreshing.
    Thank You,
    Cody
    Codyrobert.com - Designer and Developer

PHP manual bot bronze trophy Gaheris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, about the js stuff, you'd better have write a post in the right forum since you may not get answers about it here.
    The thing you want will IMO not work because PHP is serverside and JS clientside. Depending on what you want you could maybe call some PHP scripts with JS but I don't think whatever you want to do will work. How about a couple of details about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, its going to be a "fighting" type game, you will connect to the server, or whoever your fighting depending on what i work with, and then you will be able to control your guy and kill the other one thats running aroun the screen. i want it to be browser based so you dont have to download it though, and ive tried flash and its not exactly working for me. i dont know about java but that might work instead.
    Codyrobert.com - Designer and Developer

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to have been lost at one specific stage in the application development process. First you specify what you want to do, then you continue to select what languages are appropiate for the task.

To put it in simple terms, you would want to replace javascript with a language designed with good support for realtime user interaction such as Flash or Java.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd say you need to use Flash or Java. A point to note is that both Flash and Java can easily interact with PHP so there is an option you can think about