SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does anybody know how to set up a random script in flash 4.

ie: i want some graphics to randomly move around the screen, and when a button is pressed they alin up somewhere,
    any ideas anybody?

Andysan.
    Andysan :-)
    "do not despise the snake for having no horns for who is to say it will not become a wise dragon"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This can be done fairly easily in Flash 5, with all the new ActionScript features that are available to you in that version. In Flash 4, it may or may not be possible.

I'll be looking at Flash 5 in the next few weeks as I'll be writing a review for SitePoint.com, but for information on doing this in Flash 4 you might want to try sites like FlashZone.com or FlashKit.com.
    Kevin Yank
    CTO, sitepoint.com
    I wrote: Simply JavaScript | BYO PHP/MySQL | Tech Times | Editize
    Baby’s got back—a hard back, that is: The Ultimate CSS Reference

Digital Felony
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you got to actions, then click the plus sign and mouse-over actions again, then go down to "set property" then in the field below type in random and then in the next text field type the range you want your object to move in. This should all be the actions of a symbol you have created to move!

If that doesn't make sense there is a tutorial for something similar to this at http://www.were-here.com then go to tutorials, then Flash5 actionscript, this tutorial explains the basics of actionscript which is what you are looking for. I can do it but I just can't explain it all that way.

Hope it helps anyway.