SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me out. I need to get a logo desinged and want to find a load of samples of great logo's to help me with ideas.

I've searched the net, but can't find any sites which show just samples of famous Logo's. Are there any sites out there which show samples of great logo's?? I presume there must be something somewhere.

I need a logo which will be multipurpose, which will look equally good on a website and on sports clothing.

The reason I need this, which is really good fortune, is that one of my best mates is a TV presenter, who will wear the branded clothing. This is a massive opportunity, so I need a logo thats hotter than a $2 pistol.

Any ideas on where I can browse through a load of sports brand clothing logo's??

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know of http://www.logomojo.com ..they have samples of logos they have designed, and if I remember correctly, some are sports-oriented. They have about 8 pages of designs for other companies. Maybe that can help
    Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, most logo design websites generally give examples, which are ok to get a few ideas, but I'm really looking for is maybe a 'designers resource' site, which gives examples of the current 'classic' logo's. ie a site where the designers actually get their ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, this is going to sound very vague, but I'll try to provide more details later. One of the big design magazines rated the top 50 logos awhile back. I forget what magazine it was though (I have a copy of the article at home though - I'll try to remember to take a look at it later so I can let you know). Some of the ones were Michelin (that was rated no.1!), Coca-Cola, IBM, Esso, Ford, stuff like that. (I did notice that most of the logos they listed were just text in a unique font.) The article talked a little bit about how each logo was designed, who did it, and why it was successful.

I'll try to dig it up when I get home. Maybe you'll be able to find that issue somewhere.
    Megan Jack
    Proud to be Canadian
    http://www.meganjack.com
    Moderator at The Webmaster Forums and EDevCafe Forums

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers, I'd be grateful if you could do that. Hopefully there will be a copy of the article on the net - I doubt they will have the mag in the UK, if it was in a Canadian mag.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds interesting I wouldn't mind h\ving a look at that either!