SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've sent out a daily mailing for quite some time now for the bookstore I work for. In it, I always start with the daily message, and then put some information about our store - books, services, etc. that we offer.

However, I'm wondering if people even look at the bottom part of the message.

I'm considering putting at least one small ad for one of our products at the top of the email, but I'm worried that this will offend people - i.e. they will think its become too commercial.

FYI, the mailing is called "The Daily Words of the Buddha", so people subscribe to it to get a daily insipirational message.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Adam

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh come one... You're an opinionated bunch

Just tell me what you think

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go with a small text ad up top, with the bulk of the big ones on the bottom. A lot of ads right off would cause me to delete it immeditly.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a one liner at the top and biggie at the bottom is standard. a mention of a targeted ad in the body is ok from time to time.

just my thoughts

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the newsletter I write, the first item of content is at the beginning, the ad immediately after. The reason for doing this is because the reader will more likely visit the advertiser's site after reading an interesting and comprehensive article. The article sort of lifts up their opinions of the newsletter, and having the ad immediately afterward can help them over to the advertiser's site.

I hope you understand what I mentioned