SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Image map in CSS?

I am in the process of converting one of my sites to CSS, an interesting evolution I might add, and have run across something that has me stumped.

One page of the site has a number of photos (20) that are roughly divided into three sections or groups all on one page. The current layout has an image that is used for an image map to take you to the appropriate section of photos and then at the bottom of each section is a 'back to top' link. For clarity within the site context the pictures do not lend themselves to a gallery setup.

The code now has this:

Code:
    <map name="ImageMap1">
    <area shape="rect" coords="111, 296, 354, 336" href="#Ground Floor" alt="Ground Floor">
    <area shape="rect" coords="130, 200, 329, 238" href="#Main Floor" alt="Main Floor">
    <area shape="rect" coords="123, 105, 342, 139" href="#Upper Floor" alt="Upper Floor">
    </map>
    Since href's are identified much as you would an id in css (the # symbol), is this something that can be placed in the css file? If so, how?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was either an incredibly stupid question and it can not be done or no one knows. If was stupid just tell me and I will move along. I can not believe the expertise around these forums can not provide an answer.