SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

questions before I begin...

Hi after many advice from this forum, i have made my decision to start an e-business based on affiliate programs. Before i begin, i would like to ask a few questions, before actually starting. I was wondering what should be on my navagation menu?, what's a good proudcut to affiliate with/sell?, what's are some good sites with affilitates? Also if there are any tips, advices and suggestion i would love to hear them, any bit of information will be very important. I'm still in school so this is only a hobbey, which i'd like to succeed on. Please share your experiances or failures, so i may learn from them, and not make the same.

Thanks in advance,

Redghost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check to see how long their cookies last. For exanple - if I click on the link (www.thebooks.com) from your site & decide not to purchase anything today, and go back to www.thebooks.com in a week - would you still get credit? A good affiliate program will give you at least seven days. I read on one post that the standard is 45 days - so that is how long ours is.

I hope that since this forum is not in direct competition, that it is ok to post: http://www.getpaidforum.com/forums/ - you should be able to get some great ideas there.

You can also look at http://100best-affiliate-programs.com/top100_1.htm & just take that information in stride. Being an affiliate used to be a great way to make some money. It can be from time to time - but you have to work hard at it.

You also might look at Google's Adsense.