SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Script to submit a form : How to prevent browsers to pop up e-mail privacy warning

oct 20th 2003

Script to submit a form : How to prevent browsers to pop up e-mail privacy warnings

A very basic form is employed : <form name=formulario action="mailto:ron_wolpa@hotmail.com"
    method=post enctype="text/plain"> form contents ......</form>;
    (I donīt domine cgi- bin nor php , and even I if did it some servers where I host my files do not support both ,
    thatīs the reason action is a simple mailto: )

It works fine but as visitor press button "SUBMIT" , the browser pops up a privacy warning
    screen notifying visitor that his email will be disclosed ;
    a 2nd pop up demands another click confirmation to send the information collected by the form ;

What I have in mind is a script to do the following :

1- to submit the form just by clicking submit button once

2- as visitor press on submit button , will be directed to another html document where will receive the usual
    thanks and the confirmation message ; I find it necessary because as the basic form is above the message
    is sent and the form fields are not cleared , not giving the visitor any confirmation ;

Thank you in advance for any hint.

rw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you are not processing the form on the server and simply using a mailto:, just change the <input type="submit" /> to a <input type="button" /> but make sure you have an onclick event... then code the javascript to redirect the page to the confirmation page.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for you answer ;
    I can understand what you mean but I donīt know how the button will send the message and redirect the page at a time ;
    Could you please show me how ?