SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Script to prevent browsers pop up E-mail privacy warning when submiting a form

oct 20th 2003

Script to prevent browsers pop up E-mail privacy warning when submiting a form

A very basic form has been employed :

<form name=formulario action="mailto:ron_wolpa@hotmail.com"
    method=post enctype="text/plain"> form contents ......</form>;

(I donīt domine cgi- bin nor php , and even I if did it some servers where I host my files do not support both , thatīs the reason action is a simple mailto: )

It works fine but as visitor press button "SUBMIT" , browsers like IE and Netscape pops up a privacy warning screen notifying visitor that his email will be disclosed ;

a 2nd pop up demands another click confirmation to send the information collected by the form ;

What I have in mind is a script to do the following :

1- to submit the form just by clicking submit button once

2- as visitor press on submit button , will be directed to another html document where will receive the usual thanks and the confirmation message ;
    I find it necessary because as the basic form is above the message is sent and the form fields are not cleared , not giving the visitor any confirmation ;

Thank you in advance for any hint.

rw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only way to supress these warnings is for your visitors to lower their security settings, as far as I know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you should consider sending the email trough your server (if your server allows that) instead of the client computer.

AFAIK You can not disable those alerts. And I surely hope that's true. It's a security issue. I would not want my computer to send email unless I know about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkkimaagi
    Maybe you should consider sending the email trough your server (if your server allows that) instead of the client computer.

AFAIK You can not disable those alerts. And I surely hope that's true. It's a security issue. I would not want my computer to send email unless I know about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Wolpa
    (I donīt domine cgi- bin nor php , and even I if did it some servers where I host my files do not support both , thatīs the reason action is a simple mailto: )
    I think that answers your question about sending it to the server. However Ron, I do agree with Arkkimaagi and suggest that you get better hosting that can at least let you run a simple formmail CGI script.