SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

editing a simple quiz script

Hello

I am helping to start up a site where users can take a simple test and be given a score, I have used a simple test script from www.builder.com but need it to be tweaked to meet the needs of the site.

Heres what I've got so far ...

http://computingforums.com/misc/quiz.htm

I would like each question to be allocated a specific score, rather than there being only 1 correct answer for each, also I would like the user to be taken to a specific URL depending on thier score range, i.e. 0 - 10% would be taken to page1.htm and so on ...

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

markymoo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    javascript does in no way prevent from cheating. You should do the calculations in serverside if you want to prevent some of the cheating. (you can not stop the user from getting right answers from google in any case) Php, perl, asp or other server side languages could solve most of the client side cheating problems.

If you want to do a "fun"-quiz, then you can use javascript for it.

Asking for people to do this much of work, may keep your answer ratio low, instead try to do the work on your own and ask questions when you do not know what to do in some part.

www.irt.org has some great faq's from javascript, maybe you could check there for some information.

If you want the job done, I can always do this for you for a cheap paypal price (a dollar or two =)

Asking people to do the whole job.. ..well people are lazy and have other things to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the work is done, I just need some help making the script do what I need it to, it is a 'fun quiz' more than anything, so javascript is fine.

I would like each question to be allocated a specific score, rather than there being only 1 correct answer for each, also I would like the user to be taken to a specific URL depending on thier score range, i.e. 0 - 10% would be taken to page1.htm and so on ...

thats all I need really

markymoo