SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anonymous
    SitePoint Community Guest
    I should note, that not every version of crypt is suitable. You have to install at leat 1.1-1 Earlier versions didn't include the cygcrypt-0.dll
    The default location for this install, can be reviewed at the following link:

http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=crypt%2Fcrypt-1.1-1&grep=cygcrypt

0.2 cc

Michele Berardi
    i suppress the problem changing the account used to start the postmaster service to "local account". The problem may be solved in a different manner setting the appropriate policy .... but due to some problem with windows configuration i choose this solution ;-)

michele berardi
    addendum to my previous post:

remember to modify the permission of the folder /subfolders that contains the postgres data granting the full access to the admninistrator user (for example go on the top folder and in the security settings and make sure that the subfolders inherit the permission you set ...

Bryan
    If Apache can't find php_pgsql.dll, you may need to put it in the %SystemRoot%\system32 directory.

Mauricio Morales F.
    Thanks, I have solved my problem satisfactorily.

Mauricio Morales F.

Wan Wong
    With newer version of PostgreSQL (I have installed version 8.0.3) you don't need Cygwin anymore. That's really great!!!

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wan Wong
    With newer version of PostgreSQL (I have installed version 8.0.3) you don't need Cygwin anymore. That's really great!!!
    Wan, how did the install go? what instructions did you use? were there any "gotchas?" i have pgsql 7.4 installed using cygwin, but i will likely try and install 8.03 pretty soon - at least to get it up and running. my os is winxp.

i have been very pleased with pgsql and the pgsql novice mailing list has been extremely helpful, too.

James Beam
    My install with 8.04 went perfectly! I have PostgreSQL installed with php and apache, all on windows. Absolutely no glitches.