SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generation of Browsers

I was coding my site right now and found a very useful thing, that is adjacent sibling selectors. It helped me to reduce my CSS size on about 50-100 bytes, and my PHP size on about 200 bytes. Great thing.

Until I checked that in IE.

I can't understand what are these guys thinking about. They have standards, but they are still making everything wrong. Now they forget to code those adjacent sibling selectors. What does this mean? This mean we won't use them for next year or two! Some people still carying about IE4, some about NN4, and now latest is IE6, so that mean we couldn't use those damn selectors in IE8.

"Of" != "Have" bronze trophy Jeff Lange's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IE6 is old. Next update coming in a year and a half or so. Can't do anything about it, it's what most people use.
    Who walks the stairs without a care
    It shoots so high in the sky.
    Bounce up and down just like a clown.
    Everyone knows its Slinky.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRYSTL
    I can't understand what are these guys thinking about. They have standards, but they are still making everything wrong. Now they forget to code those adjacent sibling selectors. What does this mean? This mean we won't use them for next year or two! Some people still carying about IE4, some about NN4, and now latest is IE6, so that mean we couldn't use those damn selectors in IE8.
    The worst part is that Microsoft helps to create these standards (they're a member of the W3C), then doesn't bother implementing them.

Robert Wellock silver trophybronze trophy xhtmlcoder's Avatar
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M$ does follow the Standards, but only follows them if it thinks there will be financial loss if it doesn't comply with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They made such browsers so only the most expensive professionals could code. Otherwise we could have every second 16y boy coding websites with standards.