SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dead Link in Notification Emails

I'm having a problem with Dead Links in the Post and Private Message Notification emails. Everything appears to be valid, but the link returns a 404 Error.

Would this possibly be a CHMOD issue? Or could someone point me towards the possible causes?

I am using PHPNuke 6.8, and PHPBB 2.0.6, which is a Ported Forum for the PHPNuke.

Thanks!

--Lunchbox
    www.bgaworld.com

PHP manual bot bronze trophy Gaheris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh, yeah, great, I never used those script but I guess there is some configuration error somewhere. It can't be an CHMOD issue since you would then get a different error (403). How about telling us why the link provides an error, what's wrong with it, wrong domain, directory, file?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The error is a 404 "Page Not Found" error. The post in the Forums that is is directing to is there, and the address for the post is the same and the link in the email.
    -- Lunchbox --
    www.bgaworld.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I have found the problem. My site is in /home under the root. The links in the emails do not point to this directory, so they would only work if my site was in the root directory.

Can anyone point me to the file this setting could be in? I cannot find anything to change this in any of my Admin Control Panels.

Thanks!
    -- Lunchbox --
    www.bgaworld.com