SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ::outside

  1. #1
    SitePoint Wizard dethfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    2,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ::outside

    anyone able to get the :utside psuedo class working? I've tried using it and viewing the effect in firebird, but nothing happens
    Free Science Homework Help
    http://www.physicsforums.com

  2. #2
    ☆★☆★ silver trophy vgarcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    in transition
    Posts
    21,236
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dethfire
    anyone able to get the :utside psuedo class working? I've tried using it and viewing the effect in firebird, but nothing happens
    :utside is a CSS3 pseudo-class. Since CSS3 isn't a finished standard yet, I wouldn't expect it to be supported for at least a year or so, although I'll be really happy when it does hit at least one browser .

  3. #3
    because you gotta have beer! firegryphon3207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Roxbury/Boston
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vgarcia
    :utside is a CSS3 pseudo-class. Since CSS3 isn't a finished standard yet, I wouldn't expect it to be supported for at least a year or so, although I'll be really happy when it does hit at least one browser .
    what exactly is it supposed to do when it does come out as a specification?
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    tinyplanet.org <--a nifty spot.

  4. #4
    gingham dress, army boots... silver trophy redux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Salford / Manchester / UK
    Posts
    4,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to quote from http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-content/#wrapping
    An ':utside' pseudo-element is one that is generated immediately outside the pseudo-element's superior.
    re·dux (adj.): brought back; returned. used postpositively
    [latin : re-, re- + dux, leader; see duke.]
    WaSP Accessibility Task Force Member
    splintered.co.uk | photographia.co.uk | redux.deviantart.com

  5. #5
    ☆★☆★ silver trophy vgarcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    in transition
    Posts
    21,236
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firegryphon3207
    what exactly is it supposed to do when it does come out as a specification?
    It all comes down to the box model. This crude drawing should explain it a little better:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #6
    because you gotta have beer! firegryphon3207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Roxbury/Boston
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redux
    cool. Thanks to you both.
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    tinyplanet.org <--a nifty spot.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •