SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Lost Software.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My server crashed and I had to reformat the drives. When I went to look for the CF Server 4.0 software full version I am not able to find it. I found the copy of 4.5 upgrade though. Am I able to install the upgrade with out haveing a previous version on the server. I don't even have the serial number to the full version. Does anyone know the answer to this ?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you must have a previous version to install the upgrade on. I do know that you can get the eval version of 4.5 and not have to worry about the serial number.

The only other way you can get coldfusion 4.0 is by buying a book on coldfusion 4.0 and installing it off the cd that accompanies the book. But other than that I am not sure how you can get a lower version.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure Allaire tech support would be more than willing to assist you with your problems. That is of course assuming you have legally purchased a license for their software...
    Kevin Yank
    CTO, sitepoint.com
    I wrote: Simply JavaScript | BYO PHP/MySQL | Tech Times | Editize
    Baby’s got back—a hard back, that is: The Ultimate CSS Reference

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the Software. Someone moved it to a different storage cabnit. Thanks for your help.