SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreamweaver MX - Application Section CRASH!!!

Hey all,

Does anyone else have this problem????

When I create a page, and choose a document type from the application pane, for no reason whatso ever dreamweaver will just completely lock up! This is pissing me off no end as there is absolutely no reason for this what so ever. I initially thought that it must have been something that I had done so completely reinstalled my whole system. Things went fine. I come back from lunch and low and behold the same damn thing keeps happening. I was wondering does anyone know what this can be or has anyone experienced this before!?!?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is this Dreamweaver MX or MX2004? If it's DWMX, did you install the software while an anti-virus program was running (even in the background as a service)? There have been known stability issues regarding that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I had no antivirus at the time of install though there is a background program running: PC DUO, do you think that this could be the problem? The funny thing is, that it only ever happens when I try create anything dynamic, ie PHP, ASP pages etc...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pace
    No I had no antivirus at the time of install though there is a background program running: PC DUO, do you think that this could be the problem?
    Probably not. Everything I've read at macromedia.com about stability issues deals with antivirus programs running in the background while installing Dreamweaver MX.
    The funny thing is, that it only ever happens when I try create anything dynamic, ie PHP, ASP pages etc...
    Weird. I have issues when uploading stylesheets over the network, but I can usually work around them.

Another question: What are your hardware/OS specs? If you have an older system it may not meet DW's requirements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, P4 2.66GHZ, 1024RAM, 256MB Video, 80GB HD, running win XP Pro (IIS) its one mother of a machine. You blink and you miss post. Im really really flustered with this one. In all the time I have been into all this theres always something there staring you in the face when it comes to a problem but I have wracked my brain till it hurts and I still cant quite put my finger on it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LOL, P4 2.66GHZ, 1024RAM, 256MB Video, 80GB HD, running win XP Pro (IIS) its one mother of a machine.
    Okay, I'm running DW on a machine about 30% as powerful as that, so that can't be the issue . Have you tried downloading the DWMX 6.1 update to see if that fixes your problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill have a look on the site to see if I can locate the file. Thanks though vgarcia, you have been a great help