SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

arghhh! I hate standards! Mozilla is useless!

Just a little background on my site. Statistically, the main browsers that access my site along with the page requests since this summer are.....

MS IE ------------------------------------75,489
    Netscape and NS Compatible-----------16,116

so, my site looks great in IE, it validates as XHTML 1.0 Transitional. The css has a few problems with padding: auto and margin: XXX%; properties. The urls

http://www.nasi.com/test.htm
    http://www.nasi.com/test/style.css

show the css and xhtml, respectively. It looks terrible in Mozilla browsers, not even close to what its supposed to look like. How frustrating! Do I need to redo these padding and margin values? Do I need to change the doctype to html? What is wrong? This is very frustrating for me. Why do I need to change everything around for Mozilla?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    HTML Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    Remove this and IE6 will look exactly like Mozilla. It may not be the result you like, but then they will render identically. For more information as to why this needs to be removed, go to this page.

Off Topic:

And in actuality, IE/Windows is the least standards-compliant browser out there. If you're coding to standards you usually have to work around IE's flubs, not Mozilla's or Opera's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so, basically I need to move away from auto padding and border percent properties. That stinks! Those are pretty useful things, as far as horizontally aligning, and expanding borders goes. Okay, I'll try to go away from border percents (and try ems), but how can I horizontally align an inline list in a box container?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trigger
    so, basically I need to move away from auto padding and border percent properties. That stinks! Those are pretty useful things, as far as horizontally aligning, and expanding borders goes. Okay, I'll try to go away from border percents (and try ems), but how can I horizontally align an inline list in a box container?
    Look at some of the examples here for inline lists.