SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updating Total using Javascript

Hi,

I have seen on the net a few examples of input fields with values that are automatically updated when a value in the form is changed. For example, if I increase the quantity in input Qty, the input text Total is updated using the value of Qty * Unit Price.

My question is, does Total need to be an input field, or can it be simple text? I suppose that if it had to be an input field, I could disguise the input border by setting it to 0 and color white.

Second and last question, can anybody please direct me to a good example of such a script?

thanks,

DH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again,

I am having a problem with the script above. While the script uses an input field to change the quantity, I would like it to work with a select field, and with the select options. Could anyone please suggest how to modify it to make it work?

DH

EDIT: The input field (in the original script) the programmer uses onkeydown, onKeyUp and onkeypress. Does anybody know what are the equivalent functions if instead of <input /> I use <select><option></option></select> ?
    Last edited by dhtmlhelp; Oct 11, 2003 at 08:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a monologue, since I can't delete this post I might as well speak up. I changed all those functions with onChange (for the select fields). It works perfectly, hope it becomes useful to other people, it is really easy to integrate with php.

DH