SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need inspiration please for website!

gday - we have just been contracted to build a site for a car mechanic for old chysler (valiant) cars.

the guys i am working for dont want the normal type of site with corporate template looking site (kind of hard to explain - but this could be an example: http://www.hydraservice.com.au/)

anyway - what are some of the new, funky looking site designs going around at the moment?

we have a couple of designer who will build it - but we just can't put our finger on the right look for the site.

for those interested - the site we are building is at www.valiance.com.au (you can see by the picture of the girl by the valiant charger - that there not after the stereo typical look for their site) - however, to the same extent we dont want flash and moving bits and pieces everywhere. futhermore - i haven't been able to find many car mechanic sites out there as well.

so if you have an ideas or examples of sites out there which match this description - please post em!

thanks tim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That valiance.com.au page took a whole minute to load over my dial-up connection. Just a suggestion, but if you don't optimize that site's images, I think most people are going to leave before the home page is even halfway done loading.
    ComputerBob - Making Geek-Speak Chic™
    http://www.computerbob.com
    - XHTML 1.0 Strict + CSS Layout
    Ratings | Forums | Software | Polls | Weird | Quotes | Weather
    Guest Articles | Free Greeting Cards | CB Awards | Search

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes good point - done.

btw, any ideas? - any cool car pages out there?