SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Convert a Pagemaker file to html

I have a 25 page file in Pagemaker format. I need to make this into an html file. Can I convert this file into html or do I have to copy and paste all text and images to make the html file that is needed?? Is there any way for me to get the end result(my pagemaker file into an html file) easier than doing all that work(copy and paste)?? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

SitePoint Enthusiast Redheadskater's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm...I'm not familiar with Pagemaker but is there a "image slicer' tool with that program? I use Paint Shop Pro V.7 and when I want to convert a layout to html I use my image slicer tool. I just slice away and it makes the html code for me.
    Lisa
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Time flies - it's up to you to be the navigator.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so is you page maker doc all designed for screen?
    or do you just want to put a print doc online?
    There are different rules in print and screen design, so I would suggest you either make a new web page, or convert the pm doc to a pdf, and warn people before they have to click on the link (that way people can avoid downloading it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually we do it for print on the web(download) but they didn't like the look. The visitor will still have the option to download it but I need to make the web version into an html format. I just didn't want to copy and paste all the info. But it seems that I will have to do it. No problem. i really don't mind. I think that it is fun anyways. Thanks people.