Hi there,

I installed mysql to my dedicated server. I am able to use mysql database engine through the telnet session without any problems at all, however when I try to connect to mysql through PHP using the code below, I get the following error message

"Fatal error: Call to unsupported or undefined function mysql_connect() in /the_full_path_to_the_file/veri_tabani2.php on line 3"

The php code

<?php

$db = mysql_connect("ip_number",
"user_name", "password");
if (!$db) {
echo( "<P>Unable to connect to the " .
"database server at this time.</P>" );
exit();
}
?>

PHP3 is installed on my Linux server

Any help is greatly appreciated. I visited tens of support forums. I've seen this exact problem mentioned by many people but there is not a clear answer. The impression I've got is that I need to install a mysql connection module but I have no idea where to find it and how to install it.

By the way, a couple lines from the php3.ini file of my server might be helpful for a quicker and more useful response.

And the last word, sorry for indicating this problem as important. I know any problem left here is important for the person who left the question but the reason why I mentioned this problem as important is the fact that there are many people asking this same question but not getting an answer. Thanks a lot for the replies in advance.

<Edited by Özgen Polat on 12-12-2000 at 10:18 AM>