User Tag List

Thread: Internet Radio

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello people!

I'm interested in setting up an Internet radio broadcast on my site. I've looked into Live365.com's service, but it's not exactly what i'm after.

What I need is:

1. The ability to leave the station running while i'm not online. Leaving my computer turned on 24hrs is a bit beyond my capabilities, and I think my folks might want the phone sometimes!
    2. The ability to define my own playlist from a wide range of songs, inc. up to the minute stuff.
    3. The ability to link directly to my channel / station using a URL.
    4. It'd be nice if it was free, or at least not too expensive.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Ady
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that member "Saltire" is running (or in the process of running) his own radio station. You might want to contact him personally to see if he could offer you some advice

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to tell ya but Live365 is the best thing out there right now. Bandwidth is enormously expensive, while i wasn't too happy that they added the 15 second commercials at the beggining of the stream, as I weighed my options it turns out they are truly the only one. However, those added spots at the start haven't really hurt our listener counts. Trust me you will be looking for awhile if you looking for something better then live365. The only thing you can do as a Net Radio Station is wait for the Internet2 to come into full bloom. You can check out our Station at http://www.TheChill.com