SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Converting a CSS template design to HTML page

I have a CSS template. Design is done, although I need to convert it all to HTML. In my html file, I call the stylesheet (*link rel="stylesheet" href="..." type="text/css*)

So basically I need my page to all be in HTML format and not call/use the CSS file anymore.

Is there a way to convert the CSS file and the html file page that calls it.. all to html?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that I know of...but why on earth do you need to do this?!

-Sam
    Sam Hastings

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    Is there a way to convert the CSS file and the html file page that calls it.. all to html?
    I'm Not sure what you mean either!!

Do you just want the css in the same page as the html? You can put the css styles between the head tags of the page instead of linking.

e.g.
    Code:
    <style type=text/css>
    css styles go here......
    </style>
    I can't think of a reason why you'd want to change it (unless it was for html email or something).

Paul

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to change it because I don't know CSS that much... I want to be able to modify the tables and stuff. In the CSS template that I have, there are no tables.

What I mean is. I have a CSS design (2 files require to show the design).. I need that all in one html page where I can have t ables and stuff and get rid of the CSS coding.

Ensure you finish what you sta bronze trophy John Colby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHP
    I need that all in one html page where I can have t ables and stuff and get rid of the CSS coding.
    In other words taking a backward step and giving yourself a load of compatibility, accessibility and portability issues. And as it is a backward step, there's no-one going to have written a tool to do it as there wouldn't be the call for it's use.

I think that it would be much simpler for you that you should learn CSS - http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp is a free tutorial.
    John
    No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission
    or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and
    some may have enjoyed the experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would put forward the view that it would actually be easier for you to learn what the CSS means than try to recode your page in HTML only.

In addition if you where to try and recode your page in HTML only you will be trying to swim upstream, that is everyone else is reducing HTML code and introducing CSS.

View this as an oppotunity to start getting to grips with CSS. It is always best done with an actual project/example to work on rather than just trying to sit down and learn it and we are all here to help you overcome any problems you might encounter and explain the things you don't understand.