SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Subscriber Ads

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I publish an E-zine where I agree to post free subscriber ads as a motivator for people to subscribe. It's probably not the best promotion strategy, but it seems to work :-)

Anyway, I recently received a large number of requests for free ads and published about 10 of them in my newsletter. A lot of the ads were for get rich quick schemes, which I personally do not endorse or like, but I printed them because I felt obligated to keep my word. Besides, who am I to judge, right?

Since I do not want to provide the means for any of my subscribers to get duped (defrauded), I am wondering if anyone knows of a good disclaimer to post re: subscriber ads that would get me off the hook as an endorser but at the same time not insult my subscribers.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Joanne Glasspoole
    www.glasspoole.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did some research for you and found the following disclaimers for other sites and ezines that may be of assistance in developing your own:

"USA Gymnastics provides the Classifieds area, and other graphical ads displayed on USA Gymnastics Online, for the convenience of its members and the gymnastics community.
    USA Gymnastics takes no responsibility for the content of the ads, promises made, or the quality/reliability of the products or services offered in all ads."

"The advertisers who purchase advertising herein have no influence on editorial content or presentation. The posting of advertising does not imply endorsement by Galaxy of Health or any other party involved herein."

"All information concerning the products or services advertised on this site is provided by the dealer, owner, or agent of the business. The International Miniature Aircraft Association, Inc., (IMAA), makes no representation as to the validity of the information provided by the business, as IMAA does not check or verify the information provided by the business. IMAA, it's affilaites, or this Web Site, is not liable for misinformation, typographical errors or misprints in the advertisements."

"Chambers's Communications & Training Techniques, including any predecessor or affiliated companies, does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the advertisements (collectively), i.e. links, downloads, distributions or other information accessed directly or indirectly from host advertisements contained on this WebSite (Service), nor the quality of any products, information or other materials displayed, purchased or obtained by any consumer, as a result of an advertisement or any other information or offer in connection with the service or products."

"Dog-Lovers.com is in no way responsible for what outside advertisers claim. We do not financially back any of the advertisers on this site. Dog-Lovers.com is not affiliated with PETCO, Petopia.com, Dog.com, or Disneyland.com."

If you want your disclaimer to be legally binding, you must consult a lawyer.

I hope this helps in developing your own disclaimer! Good luck to you.
    Joe Tracy, Editor
    Webmaster Techniques Magazine (free publication for Webmasters)

author, Web Marketing Applied

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW JOE!

Thanks for your help. I sure didn't expect you to go and research it for me, but I really do appreciate it.

To show my gratitude, I am going to go and subscribe to your newsletter just as soon as I hit the submit button!

Have a terrific weekend,

Joanne
    Joanne Glasspoole
    www.glasspoole.com