SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question band at bottom of page

I have just started experimenting with css layout and would like to be able to have a layer across the bottom of the page like sitepoint has, can somebody help or send me in the right direction please?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may find this article helpful: http://www.alistapart.com/stories/flexiblelayouts/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not convinced about that article, but do read it. All you need to do to get a band accross the page at the bottom is put in and extra div after your content, give this whatevery background colour you wish and put any links or copyright notices in it. If you have been floating elements left and right then you may need to give it the attibute "clear: both" so it appears below all the floated elements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenANFA
    I'm not convinced about that article, but do read it. All you need to do to get a band accross the page at the bottom is put in and extra div after your content, give this whatevery background colour you wish and put any links or copyright notices in it.
    There are layout issues with that, specifically if the heights of all columns aren't the same/fixed.

If you have been floating elements left and right then you may need to give it the attibute "clear: both" so it appears below all the floated elements.
    a <br /> with the style clear:both; between the floats and the footer will work better across browsers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I,ll have a look, does anyone know how sitepoint does it, it seems to work well but I tried looking at the css and theyve hidden it :-(

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Yipee I've done it with three columns as well I followed the article at http://www.sitepoint.com/article/1213 took me all afternoon but now I am there