SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but I still disagree. I always wait a couple of weeks before applying any patches to our network here. Besides you dont actually need every update. You may think so but in no time at all your system will be running extremely slow as it will be running all sorts of services clogging up your processor. I think your best to just go to a site once a month, have a browse whats new and only apply what is applicable to yourslef and your needs. Simply applying every single patch is a complete waste of time and system resources. I can see your point, and it is good. I was the same but over time I have come to realise that having all the latest patches doesnt neccessarily mean your the most secure.
    Slick!

Wanna-be Apple nut silver trophy M. Johansson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pace
    I think your best to just go to a site once a month, have a browse whats new and only apply what is applicable to yourslef and your needs.
    I agree, but that is only the best solution if you have the time, interes, self-discipline and technical know-how on it. Many people don't, and in those cases, the automatic update is fine.

Simply applying every single patch is a complete waste of time and system resources.
    That is why the automatic Windows only applies critical updates, of which most are indeed critical to your computer security.
    Mattias Johansson
    Short, Swedish, Web Developer

Buttons and Dog Tags with your custom design:
    FatStatement.com

<?php echo"GiroPets"; ?> giropets's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great points, all three that you mentioned are on my posters from Microsoft.
    GiroPets.net - Virtual Petsite

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thnx this shud help.