Is your web site credible?

Have a look here to estimate the credibility of your web site:
    http://www.webcredibility.org/guidelines/index.html

Any comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the list covers most of the points. Maybe something that could be add on to it is.. i'm not sure how appropriate it is.. but here is what i think.. your site credibility esp. for companies selling out services or products can improve or be built by their non-web interaction with the client. Once you can build a credibility by visiting the client/reaching them by print media or maybe even providing something tangible when delivering them any product or service. In other words, building your brand offline to increase the credibility and use website to push forward the credibility of your organization. (maybe i'm moving away from the topic - but i guess credibility of your org. can effect credibility of your website more than anything).

The points stated otherwise in the research cover everything that could make a new visitor feel comfortable to do commerce with you or trust you for what you say.

Web is yet another medium to reach mass.

Cheers,
    Shalin
    Help Desk Software - Helpdesk Pilot
    Flash Screensaver - Screenswift for Windows
    Online Polls - Tezaa.com
    Address Book Software - Addza for Windows

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know it may be the professionalism in me, but if a site LOOKS ugly (design flaws), they lose 95% of their credibility. I associate poor website with a poor company, and poor services.

Problem is, that's happening far too often for me. I gotta calibrate that "setting"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't agree much to it. I have a solid example to prove it wrong. at least prove the 95% factor wrong.

I'm a client of element5 - germany. They referred us a guy who does press releases. I was excited.. element 5 referring a company to do press release for thousands software developers. I immediately went to the site: http://www.dpdirectory.com/

The design was bad.. i was wondering how come element5 has tied up with such a guy, but once I start reading the content.. i just couldn't think about his site design at all. he is offering me what i want.. and note: hez got execellent pitch on website which probably makes him sell. I being a designer would want to see a nice looking site.

But i guess usability is enough for you to sell. Maybe design could help a bit further. Hence, bottom line: not 95%

Cheers,
    Shalin
    Help Desk Software - Helpdesk Pilot
    Flash Screensaver - Screenswift for Windows
    Online Polls - Tezaa.com
    Address Book Software - Addza for Windows

Forensic SEO Consultant Webnauts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron.martone
    You know it may be the professionalism in me, but if a site LOOKS ugly (design flaws), they lose 95% of their credibility. I associate poor website with a poor company, and poor services.

Problem is, that's happening far too often for me. I gotta calibrate that "setting"
    I think exactly the same way. Though their guidelines are realy valuable.

Forensic SEO Consultant Webnauts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you would like to have a look here too.
    I think this resource is really interesting:

How Do People Evaluate a Web Site's Credibility? Results from a Large Study: http://www.consumerwebwatch.org/news...ordPTL_TOC.htm