Thread: Flash problem

Hybrid View

psycho
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.hiphopmusic.co.uk/armageddon/intro.php

As you can see, it doesn't play automatically. How can I fix this. At the moment you have to right click and press play.

cheers
    j

A home in the hills where the grass grows green an
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a preload sequence? If so one of the scripting functions may be causing it to stop. If a layer that loads first. If you have a stop command on a layer that loads before the rest and it has a "stop" command it will cause the movie to stop like that. Anyway, it's not the html code causing it, it's the flash scripting. Go into detail about your scripting on the movie and I should be able to help you.

psycho
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no scripting at all....all i have is the movie, then a "stop" action on the last frame of one of the layers to make the whole thing not loop.

J

A home in the hills where the grass grows green an
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure the stop function is on the top (last layer to load) layer, as if it is on one of the bottom layers it can cause the movie to stop before it has loaded the upper layers. The other thing I would recommend, and would also solve the problem is to add a short preload sequence. About 3-5 frames. The first frame would use this scripting...

ifFrameLoaded (80) {
    gotoAndPlay (6);
    }

"80" would be either the last frame of the movie, or the frame you would like it to preload to.
    "6" would be the frame directly after the preload (the frist frame of the movie.
    The last frame of the preload would include this scripting...

gotoAndPlay (1);

This would restart the preload until the movie has been loaded. Hope this helps. I'm guessing that your stop function is on one of the bottom layers and this is causing the movie not to load.
    Also, if you do include a preload sequence, make sure it is the bottm layer so it is the first layer to load.

psycho
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, all it was was me being raelly stupid. for some reason i had put a stop action on the first frame. i have no idea why.

cheers for your help
    james