SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2CO + downloadable products

I browsed the forum but couldn’t find the answer on the questions below, so if you have experience with selling downloadable product(s) through 2checkout, please help out.

1. Where do I upload my zips for buyers to download them? When adding new digital product there’s a field for URL of the product alright, but should I put a link to a zip itself or some html page with “click here to download” text?
    2. After purchase, does 2checkout send the buyer clear link to the zip (so buyers can share it with anyone) or it’s encrypted?

I tried to find out these things by myself – tried to “buy” a set when in the test mode – got no email from 2co at all.

Then I switched on the real mode, really bought a set, from myself (sic!), but got no email to “buyer’s” email address again.

Tried with those tickets but tough luck (“we had DoS attack, it should be working, this and that”)

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I can tell, 2CheckOut will simply redirect the users to a download page on your site, but will do nothing else. I'm currently setting this up for a client and am thinking of writing a small script that simply checks the referrer (to verify it is 2checkout) and allows the user to access the downloadable file.

Any thoughts on this?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno, I gave up on 2co and am "processing" (goes thru authorize.net actually, I presume) with RegSoft, the product's price is high enough to use this kind of service.

Also, last thing I heard about 2co is that they're scrubbing like crazy, half of CCs simply don't go through, including those issues by US banks.

Regsoft's fine so far, it's only that their affiliate program system needs shake up. Whether you're an affiliate or vendor, when you sign up with their Sellshareware.com, you don't receive any confirm email at all. Then webmasters gotta email them for their password. It takes them time to reply. Not good.

Also that site needs redesign big time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beley
    As far as I can tell, 2CheckOut will simply redirect the users to a download page on your site, but will do nothing else. I'm currently setting this up for a client and am thinking of writing a small script that simply checks the referrer (to verify it is 2checkout) and allows the user to access the downloadable file.

Any thoughts on this?
    AFAIK, using referrers is not very reliable (since they can be easily spoofed).