User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jag5311
    I know everyone hates IE,
    I don't hate IE. IE6 is an okay browser, but I know for sure that Opera and Gecko have it beat as far as standards go.
    and it does have alot of IE only stuff, but I hope in the future other browsers will support that IE only stuff because some of it seems useful and cool.
    I don't really care if somebody uses IE-only stuff as long as the site works in other browsers without much fuss. I hate when one is completely locked out of a site or is given an unusable site because a developer didn't bother to take a few minutes out and look at his/her site in Opera or Mozilla.

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    just to prove my point about the different sizes
    Yes there's a bigger difference between mozilla and IE. I think its because when you specify the font size of the text in the body style then mozilla seems to scale the headings accordingly. Whereas in IE they seem to be the same.

Paul

Ensure you finish what you sta bronze trophy John Colby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about, design the browsers to be able to handle these things, even if it is complicated javascript or whatever.

I understand the standards situation and all the conforming, but at times I feel like all the nice twirks that are available for browsers, whether its javascript, dom, dhtml, or whatever is getting pulled back so that browsers will "conform"
    Hang on - the moxz and operas of this world do abide with the standards - it's IE that in the main doesn't and allows programmers to write very sloppy code.

My main concern is that although Microsoft is a member of the standards body defining those standards they have significantly failed thus far to follow those standards in thie main public product for the web, IE.
    John
    No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission
    or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and
    some may have enjoyed the experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LIke I said, I was venting and wasn't completely thinking clearly. I was pissed off that in mozilla and firebird, it was getting confused by the javascript on one of my pages and not applying the javascript I really wanted, even though its on the page.

Is it possible to include the same javascript 2 times. One at the beginning of the <head> and one at the end? What is happening with me is the browser is reading the code, and originally, it would read my Style Switcher javascript at the beginning, then read the javascript for my rollovers (gallery images), and would basically forget about the style switcher. Well, so I moved it to the end. Now it never even reads the style switcher.

I think I know a solution.

I will just make a css rollover for each individual image, that should cut down on alot of the javascript right there. What do you think?
    http://www.btkdesigns.com/newbtk/gallery.htm (on the right)