SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using this for almost a year now. Some of the sites I've used the pay-per-rank (PPR) or pay-per-click (PPC) are: GoTo.com, Kanoodle.com, Sprinks.com, Bay9/Rocketlinks.com, Findwhat.com, directhit.com, MSN.com, Google.com.

For the most part...it has been very sucessful...well, let me rephrase that...GoTo has been very sucessful in sending us leads

The others work OK and thats about it. GoTo is by far the superior of all ppc and ppr sites for me. GoTo's clickthroughs have been 800% more than ALL of the other above mentioned engines.

How is this working for anyone else????

Seeya, from Id a ho
    Frank
    PLAY DISC GOLF!
    BEST DARN SPORT ON EARTH
    Professional Disc Golf Association

what a sport!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find goto is very good, but with Bay9, it's totally useless, can't get hits from it!
    And if use the banner advertising is really a waste of money.

p/s: PPC is also the word for affiliate programs!
    - Son Nguyen
    AdSpeed.com - Ad Serving and Ad Management Made Easy

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree 100% man....bay9 AND kanoodle have been completely useless.....so bogus. They keep promising more and more hits with their new partners but nothing ever happens...as far as an increase of hits.

Find what isn't tooooo bad. They suck still, as far as hits to our site but they have a respectable (just barely) CT rate for me.

But, I don't think I need to say anything about GoTo.com...they have just kicked some *** as far as CT's to our site, unbelievable!!!!! And now they have Alta Vista, Lycos, Netscape, AOL, and Hotbot displaying their results....what else could we ask for?

Have a great week!
    Frank
    PLAY DISC GOLF!
    BEST DARN SPORT ON EARTH
    Professional Disc Golf Association

what a sport!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found that goto.com pay per play was useless for us. Example, out of 800 click throughs it amounted to about 19 signups, whereas out of 800 clickthroughs once I site got listed in Yahoo! amounted to about 250 signups. I find that too many people just click on your listing to charge you money.

When your bidding on high priced keywords, it's not wise to use goto.com For example, the word hosting is being top bid at $2.86 a click, so that's almost 3.00 a click. That's a lot of beans to throw away for someone to just come along and click on a listing whether or not they are interested in you, specifically if they are "window shopping" for a new hosting company. You'd practically have to give away hosting to assure that you got people to signup since hosting people are very carefull about choosing a host and will shop around quite a bit. So for high priced keywords, goto.com is a waste of money, or that is to say, it was a waste of my money. Im sure it works just fine for others as have been said on this forum.

Bbox

P.S. Beware of those sites that are selling pay for listings, theres quite a few of them out there now, that receive no traffic whatsoever, a few come to mind but the exact urls and names elude me at the moment. Your best best is and always will be proper good placed listings in the big 7 search engines.
    Large enough to host you - Small enough to care
    http://www.HostingBeacon.com
    email support@hostingbeacon.com