SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2003 Community Award icons

Some recipients seem to be sharing the same award avatar now. Am I the only one who find this confusing??

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think you're getting the award badges confused with the promotion avatars. Some of the advisors/mentors/team leaders are using one of two avatars to try and encourage people to nominate people for the 2003 Community Awards. No awards have been given as of yet.

The nominations are open until Sept 7th (I think) and then there will be voting then the awards will be given at which time certain members will have an additional badge added to their ids to identify them as such.
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMaxwell
    I think you're getting the award badges confused with the promotion avatars. Some of the advisors/mentors/team leaders are using one of two avatars to try and encourage people to nominate people for the 2003 Community Awards. No awards have been given as of yet.

The nominations are open until Sept 7th (I think) and then there will be voting then the awards will be given at which time certain members will have an additional badge added to their ids to identify them as such.
    I told you I was confused!!! Just didn't know how much. Anyway, I can appreciate wanting to get the community involved, but sharing avatars makes it harder to scan the page to see who's posted. This too will pass . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it very confusing too actually - I have quite poor eyesight, so rather than focusing on someone's username I normally look at their avatar to recognise them in posts - thats sorta gone out of the window with half the staff using awards avvies.

Anyway you think its confusing out here? You wanna see it in the staff forums - whole threads of people with the same avatar!
    Rick

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoo
    Anyway you think its confusing out here? You wanna see it in the staff forums - whole threads of people with the same avatar!
    Yeah, I can't even remember what I have or haven't posted

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confusing conschmoozing...

<---
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heh so earther have you nominated anyone yet?

yeah I too think its confusing but also people are at least noticing it and therefore joining in, as its a good way to let people know how much you appreciate their help
    Regular user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    heh so earther have you nominated anyone yet?

yeah I too think its confusing but also people are at least noticing it and therefore joining in, as its a good way to let people know how much you appreciate their help
    To answer your question . . . no I haven't. When a member has offered sage advice, I usually take the opportunity to thank then at the time and give + rep if possible. There are many members who have been helpful - sometimes it's difficult to remember who said what - so it's difficult to single out individuals. Now I could readily come up with a name or two for some awards that I doubt are on the list!! 'Nuff said . . . (runs for cover)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by earther
    Now I could readily come up with a name or two for some awards that I doubt are on the list!! 'Nuff said . . . (runs for cover)
    Heh yep lets not go there
    Regular user