Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teens sites...

Anyone made one of these, populare? easy to make? thx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Teens site? Are you talking about a site that tries to reach the teenage demographic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I'm not talking about personals, or nude-teens sites, or anything like that. Just a website targeted towards teens, with articles about doing good in school, how to deal with pimples, and things like that. Or just targeted towards the teenage demographic.

Either one or both is fine...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am taking a wild guess and saying there are 100 or more sites out there like it :/ ... And I think after you finish your site you'll be so 'teen' educated :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aren't there a lot of online magazines that target that age range anyway?

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My literature site has mostly a highschool/college demographic and gets about 2 million page views a month when school is in session.

Didn't plan that though.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to run 'perfectschool.com', which was the same basic idea. I only did it back in highschool, while I was into that kinda thing myself (so it made sense..).
    I only advertised by word of mouth (at school..), and found myself getting about 200-300 uniques per day by the end of the year just from people telling people...
    If it's useful, and you are a teen yourself, it shouldn't be to hard to tell your friends..teens talk to eachother, and most certainly will tell others about a useful or slightly entertaining site. Put it in your AIM profile, or something similar, and your friends will find it and talk about it..so on and so forth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldScripts
    I used to run 'perfectschool.com', which was the same basic idea. I only did it back in highschool, while I was into that kinda thing myself (so it made sense..).
    I only advertised by word of mouth (at school..), and found myself getting about 200-300 uniques per day by the end of the year just from people telling people...
    If it's useful, and you are a teen yourself, it shouldn't be to hard to tell your friends..teens talk to eachother, and most certainly will tell others about a useful or slightly entertaining site. Put it in your AIM profile, or something similar, and your friends will find it and talk about it..so on and so forth.
    Thanks, some actual information that's useful, and not trying to kick me a few steps back down on the ladder

I didn't stop to consider the viral marketing possibilities of this kind of website! Thanks, you 2 have been a big help.