SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Amazing Media and last month earned ~$600. I have heard good and bad things about this company. If anyone has dealt with them in the past and could share their experience, it would be really appreciated. I just need to know whats going on w/ that company as i've heard differnt things from different people.

-Thanks!
    Paul Banker
    Webmaster/Reporter
    AIM: PWR Banker
    http://www.purewwfrage.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They just terminated my account, days before payment was due owing me about $1200.

Read their Terms of Service carefully. My bet is that when you start to get popular, they will terminate your account for some obscure tos violation.

Use them at your own risk.
    Padraic Lavin

Advertising Free Message Boards $5/mo
    Instant Setup. ForumCo.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Help...more?
    Paul Banker
    Webmaster/Reporter
    AIM: PWR Banker
    http://www.purewwfrage.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I would have to agree there. Once your site earns a fair bit of money they will terminate you and not pay.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a steady increase from $15.00 > $250.00 > $700.00 > and a pace for $1000+ this month..... I started receiving warning notices about nudity on my celebrity gallery site.

Whats funny is that was such an obvious attempt at terminating my account, since these 'warned' pictures were far from nudity.

Since I knew what was next, I immediately pulled all their ads after the 2nd warning...

So, here I am with a 'still active' account.... which leads me to ask this.

Have they paid in recent months? According to their TOS payments are mailed 45days after the month. So my $250 should be sent by Dec 15th.

Im definately not holding my breath on this one.

Did the rest of you get any 'warnings' first, before termination?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't get any warnings, in fact quite the opposite. I had been emailing their Support dept. and they seemed to be quite happy with my account.
    Padraic Lavin

Advertising Free Message Boards $5/mo
    Instant Setup. ForumCo.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im almost thinking that email contact with them result in an immediate re-review of your site.

I had been working on another site & asked if I needed to create another account or just slap the old code on the new site.

I receive a nice, prompt reply, telling me to use the same code & email them once it was in place... which about 3hours later was followed with my first bogus warning.

I almost questioned the warning, but replaced the picture to avoid termination.

I then emailed them about a week later to let them know the adcode was in place on my new site. 5 Hours later, my 2nd warning for my original site, stating nudity for the warning.

For laughs here are the 2 pics they said had nudity:
    http://galleries.abazz.com/Christina...a/image05.html
    http://galleries.abazz.com/DanielaPestova/image21.html

The 1st was a far grasp for nudity. The 2nd is obviously sexy, but wheres the nudity? Its pics like these that helped serve over a million ads for them.

If they decide to keep my payment, Im confident that emailing them about it will result in a bogus termination... So I plan to just let it go. Who knows maybe 6months from now, when they get back on their feet, a nice check will show up....... then again.....

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You received a warning? They just sent me a notice saying the account had been terminated and that I would loose all funds earned. It took 2 emails with them just for them to give me a reason why. It turns out one of the images on my page contained oriental text. This counted as foreign content, and therefore they felt justified in terminating without warning.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didn't amazing media use to have a different name, adsdaq or something like that.

it seems no matter what name they go by the bad press continues to follow them. then again maybe it's not bad press and just reality.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They used to be adsdaq.com, but they got such a bad name that they purchased a new domain name and switched their software over to the new domain in order to make people think it was a new company.