SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Where to start?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to start?

Im wondering where to start? I'm starting a new business, which means I need a company logo, slogan, web site, business cards all that.

I really have no idea what I want the final result to look like, beside knowing I want it to look very professional and kinda hi-tec.

My first thought was to go with a logo first, then build the web site off that? I am not going to actually create it myself, I could but would rather pay someone to save me the time, and there is a lot of better designers out there then me

Can anyone help me out with where I should start? I already know the name, although the domain name is taken, but Im working on that.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try making a post in the Trading Post here on SP

Tell everyone what it is you require, and you'll probably get quite a few responses.

-Sam
    Sam Hastings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if u do post i will respond everyone loves money!
    -cody
    Codyrobert.com - Designer and Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, but that didnt really answer my question. I wasn't asking where to get a designer, I'm where I should start (ie.logo,site)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shap
    My first thought was to go with a logo first, then build the web site off that? I am not going to actually create it myself
    If you are not going to create a website yourself, are you going to design your own logo? If you are hiring a designer, why don't you let him do both a site and a logo for it in any order he finds suitable.. I'm sure if one person designs it all, it'll look more impressive.. :)))

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd suggest hiring someone to do like a corporate ID (including a logo, business card, letterhead ect..) then work from there.

Once you have that, start on the website

Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Designbin
    I'd suggest hiring someone to do like a corporate ID (including a logo, business card, letterhead ect..) then work from there.

Once you have that, start on the website [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck
    Thanks for the input, thats what I was thinking, just wanted to know how designers like to go about it.

For everyone that uses designoutpost.com, I'll be adding a contest tonight, or tomorrow morning!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shap
    Im wondering where to start? I'm starting a new business, which means I need a company logo, slogan, web site, business cards all that.

I really have no idea what I want the final result to look like, beside knowing I want it to look very professional and kinda hi-tec.

My first thought was to go with a logo first, then build the web site off that? I am not going to actually create it myself, I could but would rather pay someone to save me the time, and there is a lot of better designers out there then me [img]images/smilies/nod.gif[/img]

Can anyone help me out with where I should start? I already know the name, although the domain name is taken, but Im working on that.

Hello,
    I'd suggest you to sign up an account at http://www.freelancers.net/ or http://scriptlance.com, they're all free. I'm sure many designers out there will bid for your project at a very affordable price. You can get the whole package done without spending a lot of money for a professional firm.
    Good luck
    Jake - iValueHost, LLC - http://www.ivaluehost.net
    Poweful, Reliable, & Affordable Web Hosting Solutions
    $3.95/MO. 350MB, 10GB Transfer | $5.95/MO. 500MB, 15G Transfer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you got your answer, but I'll go ahead and spit out my thoughts

I'd start with the identity (logo) and work your way from there. Once you have the logo you can do the business cards and you'll have a scheme to base your website on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start by compiling all of your own thoughts about your business together:

your target market
    your niche
    what feeling to do want to project? friendly, corporate, hi-tech, etc?

You have a business plan, right? If so, you have probally answered many of these questions.

Your visual media should be a reflection of your brand: what do you stand for?

Then hire a someone to do your corporate ID. They will consolidate your ideas into visual brand. (Logo, stationary, colors, fonts, style...etc.)

Good luck