SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Submit a form twice

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to submit a form twice. What I want is that the form submits like a regular form, to a next page in the same target, but I also want to submit it to a popup. Is that possible?

Why do I need this?
    Well, I'm developing a site for a hosting company that offers domains too. After the check wheter a domain is still available or not, they can order the domain(s) by clicking the button. The order form has to appear in the popup, but I want, if the user closed the popup accidentally, he can re-open the orderform with a button on the next page (where the hidden vars are of the previous form and a small explanation about the popup).

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'd do (probably not the best way, but there you go) is to have some code in the second page which opens the popup window. In other words, make it as though as soon as the window opens, the button is pressed. If you close the popup accidentally, then it can be reopened with a manual click on the button.

Does that make sense or am I rambling?
    Paul Simpson, BSc, MCNI, MCNE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why a popup? Why not a page that tells if the url was availeble with a continue order button?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkkimaagi
    Why a popup? Why not a page that tells if the url was availeble with a continue order button?
    The orderform was designed to be openend in a popup.
    I don't want to work with an onload window open, cause if people surf with a popup-blocker they don't see the orderform...

Other suggestions?