User Tag List

Thread: GyroMouse Info

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone -
    I'm a marketing geek for Gyration, the company who manufactures the GyroMouse. I'm writing from my home account (I've taken off the badge) so if anyone has any questions, gripes, suggestions etc. about the mouse, I promise unbiased replies.

Marc Harris
    San Jose, CA

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad idea, Marc. Coincidentally, I've been looking at this, last several days...

I think my main concern is that I'll get the thing in the air and poke out an eye with my own cursor arrow.

Is there some sort of safety device on this that prevents the cursor arrow from jumping off the screen like that?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, ha. You could always change your desktop theme so your cursor is something less dangerous, like a sponge or a beach ball or something.

The mouse is pretty cool. It's a blast promoting it at tradeshows etc. because people are generally skeptical until they get it into their hands. Then they're blown away. We were at Comdex a couple of weeks ago and we actually sold over $14K worth of mice right out of our booth! Not bad considering selling isn't our tradeshow focus.

How do you intend to use the mouse? Presentations, games or general computer use? Do you surf the Net on your TV? How did you hear of it? (Uh oh, I'm starting to sound like a marketing survey).

~Marc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what are you guys talking about? it sounds cool...do you have a website?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind the market survey, Marc.

I'm predominantly a programmer, though I do a lot of web work and graphics as well; so mine would be a fairly broad use profile.

I don't remember how I heard about it.

I haven't watched TV since 1962. (Is it true that it's in color now?)

I live in Moldavia as a goat herder, so other than to impress the female goats, I rarely do presentations -- and, frankly, they get off more on artfully done bleating than on technology.

Marc, one concern on this is weight. When you've got the thing in your hand sixteen hours a day, that counts. What's the actual weight of the mouse?

And by the way, can I run two at once? I usually have a pair of Logitech baby wirelesses going.