SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently have a website called Titans12thMan.com which is a fan site for the Tennessee Titans. It's been up now for around 5 months. I generally receive around 50-150 visitors a day based on when a new issue is launched.

So far, my promotions have been limited to inviting people on message boards from related sites. I've also been mentioned in the local paper a couple of times which has generated some hits. I've exchanged links with a few other related sites.

At this point, I am looking to bring in more visitors. A couple of things I've done is to have more daily content since much of the content is updated only monthly. I've added a free e-mail, added daily news, and have linked with another site to share the best Titans message board going. What other features might I offer?

Also, what might be some ways to get the word out on my site outside the web itself? I don't have deep pockets for an ad campaign but am looking for unique opportunities to promote the site.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Promotion Ideas:
    If you live near the stadium, get business cards or flyers made up and hand them out at games.

Have sports shops put flyers in their windows.

Call the local sports broadcaster on various stations and let them know about the site. If they like they will pitch it for months for free.

Get business cards and hand them out to everyone you know.

Go to bars or sports clubs during Monday Night Football and hand out cards and flyers.

Try to get local shops to promote contests giving away Titan materials in return for promotion. They will promote your site.

Send press releases to sports magazines.

Find out what the cost of a 3 X 5 line advertisement in the Titan's Program guide cost. As your traffic increases you can purchase larger ads.

Purchase ads in the local High School Yearbooks, Little League Schedules.

Talk to different youth organizations about football and running a website. Especially cub scouts, boy scouts and girl scouts as they get merit badges for this kid of stuff and they will nag their parents into letting them visit the site.

If I think of more I will post them.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great ideas! Thanks.

I am thinking now about doing a card with the 2001 schedule on it to hand out. Would be nice and inexpensive.

I do need to do a press release to the area newspaper and radio sports departments. Cheap and easy.

And I will look immediately to do a promotion with a fan shop. It's a natural.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say, has anyone got a Perl script that can track the hits off business cards and flyers?

I've heard Perl, well used, is a really powerful language...

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry but I have no idea what a Pearl script is and what is does.

I'm just a graphic designer who barely gets by with GoLive on the mac. *grin*