SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACCIS - Anyone Used Them? Opinions?

I'm looking to transfer my current college credits (traditional credits) to an online university to finish my Bachelor's Degree. I'm currently looking at ACCIS (American College of Comupter & Information Sciences).

Has anyone heard of them? Used them? I've just received a catalog and am very excited. I'm thinking about signing up this month...

Opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I've talked to you before.

Yes, I've used them. After looking at many distance education programs (since nothing local had what I needed) I picked them because their curriculum was exactly what I wanted and their tuition was not horribly expensive (when I started with them I was on a serious budget).

Now with my business doing so well I'm lagging way behind with my program. When the degree isn't going to improve your income (like when you're self employed and doing much better than what you could make with that degree working for someone else) its just hard to get motivated.

They're not regionally accredited last I checked, but they're accredited by a US Dept of Education accrediting agency -- just not a regional one. I did all the homework verifying that.

Obviously if you want "name recognition" it isn't the right program for you. But if you want a convenient and affordable way to finish your degree I'd recommend it.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping you'd reply. You're actually listed as the person who referred me. I just got my new catalog and thought "oh yeah, I was going to go back to school." It's so hectic here too... I don't know where I'll find time. Of course, if I keep saying that I'll never finish. So, I'm making a commitment to myselft to start and go until I finish my degree... even if I don't take many courses at a time.

It looks good, and is much less expensive than others I've seen. I'm going to go ahead and go with them...

Thanks for the reccomendation

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Accis

Do not go to this school I as of about 30 minutes am a former student. They seem perfectly happy to talk to you to get you signed up. After that there is no stupport from the staff and less from the Administration. Do not, do not, do not, attend this school. They have taken my money and left me with no way of verfing my attendance. The wont send me a transcript or nothing. Some other schools may cost more but you know the saying "you get what you pay for". If you want to pay even $130 dollars a credit to get screwed just send your money to me. NO WAY JOSE.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

accis

Quote Originally Posted by beley
    I was hoping you'd reply. You're actually listed as the person who referred me. I just got my new catalog and thought "oh yeah, I was going to go back to school." It's so hectic here too... I don't know where I'll find time. Of course, if I keep saying that I'll never finish. So, I'm making a commitment to myselft to start and go until I finish my degree... even if I don't take many courses at a time.

It looks good, and is much less expensive than others I've seen. I'm going to go ahead and go with them...

Thanks for the reccomendation

Do not go to this school I as of about 30 minutes am a former student. They seem perfectly happy to talk to you to get you signed up. After that there is no stupport from the staff and less from the Administration. Do not, do not, do not, attend this school. They have taken my money and left me with no way of verfing my attendance. The wont send me a transcript or nothing. Some other schools may cost more but you know the saying "you get what you pay for". If you want to pay even $130 dollars a credit to get screwed just send your money to me. NO WAY JOSE.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beley
    I'm looking to transfer my current college credits (traditional credits) to an online university to finish my Bachelor's Degree. I'm currently looking at ACCIS (American College of Comupter & Information Sciences).

Has anyone heard of them? Used them? I've just received a catalog and am very excited. I'm thinking about signing up this month...

Opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your opinion but you do not need to make multiple posts... one is fine. Thanks...