SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Developing a new Site in PHP and Mysql

Ok i am gonna starting building a new dating website...
    now i really don't know if this is the right place for discussing this or not feel free to move the topic if u want what i need is coding tips and guidance...
    - Ok now what i want is some information about payment options, u know if u have a dating website what are u using.
    - now if u want your visitors to pay for certain features how do u link it with the code so the feature is activated.. do u manually activate the feature or is there some other way.
    - also for starter how do u make people join the dating site if u don't have any members.(i read some tips before but it doesn't hurt to get more information)
    -last but not least, is PHP the best solution (i have a php website and i think its the best language)
    - also what kind of features do u guys like to see there on a dating website

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Worldpay.com is a good start for online payments. You could also consider paypal.com for an alternative way of payment.
    - You'll need some fields in your MySQL database that indicate the "permissions" of the user. When he logs in you search the database to check what he's allowed to see. It should be all automatically done.
    - Er.. good question... can't you put some of your friends on?
    - You if know how to code in PHP already, then stick to it. PHP is very powerful and it will cover all your needs, believe me.
    - Hmm... guess I'm going to pass this one out... I don't have much experience with dating websites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -If I were to use a online dating service I would be paying by CCD. PayPal is my personal Favorite.
    -Agree with above on that this one.
    -I would have a promotion where the first 20 member to sign up are free. You could make that more than 20 or less or make it a time period like the first month your online everyone is free. This will get some people into your site and they can see how great it is and word of mouth will follow.
    -Again I agree with zyON, PHP is a great language and if you know it stick with it, you will be able to troubleshoot it alot easier than another language you are just learning.
    -Not a guy, sorry
    Turk
    Digial Media Producer/Webmaster
    I love my job

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do yourself a favor and use SE friendly URLs from the beginning.

http://www.sitepoint.com/article/485
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums