G'Day Sports!

I've just embarked into the realms of CGI scripting for a couple of projects. I'm actually VERY, VERY please because, after 2 days I've managed to get a FormMail script working .

Next comes the proper project. I'm after a few scripts, and I thought you lot might be able to recommend some good ones. Open Source of course (said the poet), because there's no way I can write my own!

[list][*]A script to manage a newsletter, one that allows users to subscribe and unsubscribe.[*]A script (now this is a tough one) that takes entries to a competition, looks up the correct answer to a multiple choice question and if the answer is right, adds a name and e-mail address to a file, randomly picking one each month to be the winner.[*]A half decent recommend e-mail page[*]A voting booth script. The best one i've seen used SSI, and the space my site is on doesn't support it.
[list]

Any suggestions? I've tried all the obvious choices, but there are so many scripts I don't know which to go for. Any offers of help installing them would be greatly appreciated too

Ady