SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I have a question about integrating a project management tool into a tool I co-developed with a friend. I have to admit I am very new to SQL but I've learned a lot over the past few months. However, I've not come across a solution to this challenge yet and I'm hoping someone here can help me or point me in the right direction.

I just finished the wonderful tutorial about building a dynamic site with php and mysql by Kevin Yank....I can't recommend that article enough! It was great....but on to my challenge....

I have a tool that administers courses online, students are able to create a profile with their own username and password. The problem I encounter is how to I integrate the username/password model used in the project magmt software into the elearning application. Should I use the "join" table function that Kevin mentions in the article? Any help or direction you can provide would be greatly appreciated because I don't want the students to have to use two separate log ins.

Thanks in advance.

V

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I have figured this much out.....user sessions are used by both applications....so now the question remains how do I have just "one" username/password.

Anyone with info ...pleasssse help me! =-)

thanks,

V