It feels like it's taken forever, but we're almost ready to flick the switch on the New SitePoint Forums on Discourse™

As I'm sure you can imagine, migrating a community the size of this one is a huge job, and one that I am scared to death of.

There are a couple of things that you can do to make sure that your personal experience is as smooth as possible.

Ensure that your email address is up to date.
We will be needing to contact you with regard to logging into your new Discourse account. Because we don't store your passwords here, we have no way of migrating those. Unfortunately that means that you will need to go through a password reset process. In order to do that, we'll need to be able to contact you by email. Please visit your settings page and make sure that your email is current. You can check your email details here.

Save your Private Messages.
Just prior to the move, this vBulletin forum will be locked down so that it is read-only. Your user profiles and any threads that have been active in the last 5 years will be migrated to Discourse and the rest of this old forum will be HTML archived. That means that although you will be able to read all of the threads and posts, you will lose access to your PMs. If they contain important information that you don't want to lose, make sure you save them now. You can do that by scrolling to the bottom of your Private Message box and choosing from one of the three download options.

If you have any problems doing either of these things, please PM me or another member of staff and we'll talk you through it.
If you have any questions or concerns about the migration to Discourse, feel free to either post them here or PM me.