SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    New here!could someone tell me what is the difference between HTML and bbcode?

    Finding some forum can't provide Html,WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO tell me the difference.sorry for the stupid question.

  2. #2
    Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    TechnoBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argyll, Scotland
    Posts
    6,171
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, fish 1228.

    I think you'll find this answers your question: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

  3. #3
    SitePoint Enthusiast scout1idf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a nutshell, bbcode is approved html code.

    With html and javascript, someone could possibly destroy your forum, add viruses, etc...

    With the bbcode, only certain code can be used making it safer for all.

    At one time, I was an Administrator of another forum and I played around making my own bbcode for special effects in posts.

    Hope this helps answer your question......

  4. #4
    SitePoint Addict bronze trophy mawburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scout1idf View Post
    In a nutshell, bbcode is approved html code.

    With html and javascript, someone could possibly destroy your forum, add viruses, etc...
    <script>
    var divs = document.getElementsByTagName("div");
    var colors = ["#F00", "#0F0", "#00F", "#F0F", "#FF0", "#0FF"];

    setInterval(blinkit, 250);

    function blinkit() {
    for(i = 0; i < divs.length; ++i) {
    var rdm = Math.floor((Math.random() * 5) + 0);
    divs[i].style.backgroundColor = colors[rdm];
    }
    }
    </script>

    It doesn't work.

  5. #5
    SitePoint Enthusiast scout1idf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mawburn View Post
    <script>
    var divs = document.getElementsByTagName("div");
    var colors = ["#F00", "#0F0", "#00F", "#F0F", "#FF0", "#0FF"];

    setInterval(blinkit, 250);

    function blinkit() {
    for(i = 0; i < divs.length; ++i) {
    var rdm = Math.floor((Math.random() * 5) + 0);
    divs[i].style.backgroundColor = colors[rdm];
    }
    }
    </script>


    It doesn't work.
    That's because it's turned off on this forum (as with most forums).
    See the Posting Permissions at the bottom of this page.....

    Off Topic:

    Thanks for the script. It's kinda cool.

  6. #6
    SitePoint Addict bronze trophy mawburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    205
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scout1idf View Post
    That's because it's turned off on this forum (as with most forums).
    See the Posting Permissions at the bottom of this page.....

    Off Topic:

    Thanks for the script. It's kinda cool.
    Off Topic:


    lol yeah, I was just joking around and demonstrating what could be done if it was allowed. If you look at the source here, that'd probably give you an epileptic seizure.

  7. #7
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for your answer,is html more difficult than bbcode?

  8. #8
    Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    TechnoBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Argyll, Scotland
    Posts
    6,171
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I don't think so, no.

    But BBCode is only used for formatting posts on a forum; if you want to learn web design, you need to learn HTML. (And not all forums use BBCode. The SitePoint Forums will be moving to Discourse software soon, and it uses a different kind of code, called Markdown.)


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •