SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! I'm looking for a script that can add comments to articles I put up on my website. Sort of like a guestbook, I guess. Each article on my site has a unique ID, and I would like to be able to create a "thread" for each article and users can add their comments to them, in much the same way this bulletin board works. Does anyone know how?
    Adolescent Adulthood - Learn All ABout Flirting, Dating And Dumping.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not use a bulletin board script and modify the look so it works with your site.

Post your article and then instead of having all of the message board links only show the relevant, something like at the end if you wish to add on to this article click here and that would normally be the post button.

Some modifications would be needed to be done so it would work, but I am sure there are easier ways to do this.

You can also check this site out the offer a script in which users can post additions to your online book etc.

http://www.spaceports.com/~scifi/add2story.html
    "Over 2200 Free Webmaster Resources and Tools"
    Search through our continually updated directory of free webmaster resources.
    WebmasterLane.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YEah - I would love to be able to use vbulletin, because the site is in php. BUt I dont know how to.
    Adolescent Adulthood - Learn All ABout Flirting, Dating And Dumping.

psycho
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    check out mine here

http://www.hiphopmusic.co.uk/reviews

to create one similar, do this.

create another table in mysql called "articlecomments"

Make it have an ID column (but NOT primary key), and then other columns, depending on the type of comments you want your users to be able to leave. (eg. name, email, ratingoutof10, comments etc etc).

Then, have a link to "add a comment to this article". Make a new script which inserts into "articlecomments" through using form fields, and importantly, inserts into the ID column, the ID of the relevant article.

This way, you can have one article, but many article comments.

If you are not experienced enough to do this, check out the many pre-done comment systems, you will find them on http://www.hotscripts.com .

Hope this helped.
    James