SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if Yahoo penalizes framed sites? I have optimized the noframes tag, added text links to all the pages but am curious if I should sumbit the nonframed home page or the index page to Yahoo. The site works fine as both a framed and non framed site but is best viewed as a framed site.

$199 is way too much money to waste so I want to make sure the site is the way Yahoo likes it, and then hope I get an editor on a good day.

Any help is appreciated.

L.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, since Yahoo! isn't a search engine and editors review each site, it won't completely stop them from indexing your site (as a search engine that uses a spider like AltaVista). However, if you're going to pay the money, I would definitely try to make your design as best as possible (which usually means frames need to go bye-bye).

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you M for your reply.

I had heard from somewhere that editors don't like frames because the inner pages cannot be bookmarked. I just wanted to find out if anyone here has had success with submitting a framed site or if they had also heard through the grape vine that the framed site is a definitive reject.
    Trying to make that $199 worth the money. My client wants to keep the frames. I did not design the site, I am marketing it for them.

Thanks L.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that it does depend on who you get to edit your site. But I agree that if you are going to spend the money then it is worth making your site as good as possible, and this would probably include getting rid of your frames!