SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding a Content Writing Partner?

Does anyone here ever partner up? How do you find a reliable partner? I'm on the internet marketing side (10+ years, in-house and agency), but obviously every side project I entertain needs content.

I've posted on Craigslist that I was looking for a partner and all I got was 49 emails from fat dudes with moustaches who own WAY too much leather. Was also thinking about attending a writer's meetup group, but I think my chances of finding a writer who actually wants to build a site is thin.

To those of you who have collaborated long-term, did you find someone to work with online or in person?

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It m ight help if you explain what you mean by a "partner". It's a vague word, that could mean different things in different contexts.

If you mean that you want someone who you can delegate your content-writing to, then that's what you should ask for. You'll get a better response if people know what you are looking for.

Assuming that is what you want, I personally wouldn't bother with the likes of Craiglist, or similar sites. A competent freelance writer does not look for work on such sites. I would start by asking around for a personal recommendation. If that doesn't work, search for someone advertising their services in your area. And if your budget runs to it, consider approaching an agency.

Mike

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can post your requirement on different websites, like peopleperhour, odesk, fiverr and more. i think that is helpful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather than partner, why not hire ghost writers or accept guest blogging?

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    As the OP has never returned, there seems little point in continuing this thread.

Thanks to all who replied.

Thread closed.