SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok I am getting all ready to launch my site this weekend....

I have a q on community building..

Over the next 2 to 3 months I plan to have both a Vbulletin forum and a quickchat room for my visitors..

Now the Vbulletin thing, being a newbie to setting up php boards is gonna take me while to get up and running and looking nice graphic wise.. Thats no problem because I would prefer to have a few months of traffic generating behind me before I go live with a board....

However, at many of the boards I go to which have the topic of my site, many people show an interest in chat rooms. There is currently nothing good for bodybuilding chat...

So since a chat channel and web interface is so easy to set up should I get one up and running within a week of the launch or should I hold my horses (can't believe I said that !!!) and wait till my board goes live..

What do you think ?

Thanks

Cloughie
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been that big into chat, so I'm probably not a good person to ask.

I would thing the best thing would be to roll features out as they work. It's better to have one that works properly than one that annoys people.
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums